Stowe Tennis Club is a member owned, not-for-profit tennis club located in beautiful Stowe, Vermont. Our facilities include 9 clay courts, outdoor swimming pool, locker rooms and social area. Our season runs from mid-May through the end of October.
The Stowe Tennis Club was founded back in 1954 when members played weekends on the courts at The Tollhouse at Mount Mansfield. In the early 1970's it became more and more apparent that the Stowe Tennis Club needed to build their own club. The Club broke ground in 1972 on 10 acres on Barrows Road and today’s Stowe Tennis Club was born. President Trowbridge Elliman handed over the gavel to Roman Wickart who supervised the construction and presided over the club until 1976. The Club started with six clay courts, a clubhouse and a swimming pool and issued 150 certificates, which were used by single members, couples and families. In 1976 three more courts, seven, eight and nine, were added. Over the years membership has increased to 220 certificates.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
OFFICERS: Gay Slesar - President, Tom Sequist - Vice-President, Andrew Knittle - Treasurer, Judith Pepper - Secretary
DIRECTORS: Steve McLafferty, Chris Stevens, Cindy Jackman, Erika Goss